A Bite of the Unknown Pleasure

I first heard the existence of this cafe is when I need to attend a talk organized by the dormitory I'm residing at. My very first experience having a taste of the food from The Kapits was when all your favorite stall were about to close and they came to my savior. I have this stereotype that held me back against eating out at the cafe due to its overprice meals. But imagine the surprise when I first placed my order for a box of burger which only cost me RM5.90. Thinking it may cost me more than RM10 when it was below RM10 was something I had not expected to experience on that day. The price is affordable and way cheaper than most cafes. Unfortunately, I only get to get takeout instead of dining in since it was close to closing time but there's always next time. 

The Kapits is the epitome of coziness and indie merge together. I vividly remember the interior of the cafe, it has warm undertone to it, wall decorated with vintages photographs and mismatched vibrant seats gracing the wooden table. There was also a big sign of "The Kapits" with small wording of "we serve ugly food that taste good". All in all the cafe is an industrial themed cafe befitting its minimalist style. 

Sometimes making an entrance to the cafe will startle the people there as the space is tiny and people are aware of your existence but rest assured, they always welcomed you with a smile plastered on their face. This time I decided to dine in, I wasn't alone and came with a friend to grab our dinner before going to our last class of the day. 

We both took a seat at the corner of the cafe which seems to be the only vacant seats at the hour. Having place our things, we make our way to the cashier and placed the order. The atmosphere of the cafe was immaculate, the noise might be bothering to some as it was a small space where people gather and bonded, and yes make noise as in the chatters. The air was wafted with the aroma of fried chicken for the burgers and a hint of freshly brewed coffee from the machine. The Kapits served only limited numbers of dishes and the main signature being their burgers and pastas. 



One of the dish that I always repeatedly ordered at The Kapits will be their Puteri Berendam Burger. The Puteri Berendam Burger is a fusion of local dish and western blend together. Puteri Berendam Burger is a piece of burger where the crispy fried chicken is bathe with their special buttermilk sauce. The buttermilk sauce itself is self-explanatory the sauce is made of butter and condensed milk but what make it different is that the curry leaves and bird's eye chili in the sauce. The taste of spice were prominent in the sauce and the strong flavour of curry leaves enhance the aroma altogether. The sauce taste of spice with adequate amount of fat creating one balance flavor. The burger could be improvise by dipping only the fried chicken into the sauce instead of occupying the plate with sauce. The amount of sauce created a soggy bun which can be a let down when everything taste just fine. 



Comments

Popular Posts